250 Box Challenge

1:11 AM, Friday June 19th 2020

Box Challenge - Google Drive

Box Challenge - Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1R2B12caqq48p7ywO3Bx-o4dLBDExZZw9?usp=sharing

width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no

Hi, This is my Box challenge.

During this challenge I've got a lot of fun. I was trying many way of doing them, what you can see going through my pages.

My last box is a symbol of that how Big spirit and Huge determination can change vision of that, how perspective is working for boxes, even when your knowledge is Small and you just learning.

Thank you for your time with checking this Homework and for your Tips and advices in advance.

0 users agree
2:25 AM, Saturday June 20th 2020

Hello, I'll be looking at your boxes today and these are very good boxes I might add. I'll be honest I don't have a ton of advice to give you here. You were struggling a bit more with convergences on your first few pages so please take a look at this graphic. https://i.imgur.com/8PqQLE0.png Now your consistency went way up as you worked through this challenge and your boxes are very solid for the most part. I liked that you began challenging yourself a bit by trying to rotate your boxes and giving them a sense of movement. This is probably a good next step for you at this point. I also like that you are attempting to add line weight to the outer edges of the boxes. You were running into some problems with this so you might want to try ghosting your lines even when attempting to add line weight for now. I would also try and work in some hatching into your box warmups as well for extra practice. Overall, this was a high quality submission and your improvement with your boxes is going to come much more gradually at this point. Good luck with lesson 2 and keep up the great work!

This critique marks this lesson as complete.
3:20 AM, Saturday June 20th 2020

Hi,

I have to admit sometimes working with line's weight is a little bit challenging. I will be working with it to get more precision thickness of my lines. That graphic helped me a lot with my boxes during this challenge.

Thank you for feedback and your time and have a good day.

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
The Art of Blizzard Entertainment

The Art of Blizzard Entertainment

While I have a massive library of non-instructional art books I've collected over the years, there's only a handful that are actually important to me. This is one of them - so much so that I jammed my copy into my overstuffed backpack when flying back from my parents' house just so I could have it at my apartment. My back's been sore for a week.

The reason I hold this book in such high esteem is because of how it puts the relatively new field of game art into perspective, showing how concept art really just started off as crude sketches intended to communicate ideas to storytellers, designers and 3D modelers. How all of this focus on beautiful illustrations is really secondary to the core of a concept artist's job. A real eye-opener.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.