250 Box Challenge

8:15 PM, Thursday April 28th 2022

DAB 250 Box Challenge - Album on Imgur

Direct Link: https://i.imgur.com/JxFQ8r4.jpg

Find, rate and share the best memes and images. Discover the magic of th...

Alright, I survived. Took me about a month to finish this challenge. Had a small burnout around no. 90 til 130 because the amount of real life responsibilities started to skyrocket suddenly lol. Forgot to number the first 15 boxes.

As with all my Draw A Box homeworks, I'm working digitally even though I know it's very much recommended that I do all this traditionally. I'm emulating the traditional environment as much as possible though.

I myself noticed that my lines definitely got straighter and more accurate, and my convergences generally became more accurate as well, but there's definitely room for improvement.

I hope to receive some new insights from a completetly fresh pair of eyes =]

1 users agree
10:56 AM, Wednesday May 11th 2022

Hello, im Natt. and here is my feedback for you.

First thing, i think you have already know it - that you have made this homework digitaly.

Because of drawing digitaly, everthing you draw seems to be almost perfect. That can be a big disadvantage for you though.

Because your boxes look very perfect plus you didn't organize them in order from low number to go up, it can make me (or maybe even you) harder to figure it out how much you improvement is.

About mistakes, i don't see many mistake from your homework though, acording to the box challenge feedback guide. Or maybe just because of my lack of critique experience. But DO see that you are worth it to pass this challenge.

I would like you to recomment you to practice more in a traditional way and practice more advanced exercise like to cut boxes apart, twist them, try to learn how to manipulate them in forms that you like them to be. You will start to learn stuffs like that from now on, start with the next lesson.

I appriciate your hard working to do this exercise and to give feed back to others too. I really am.

keep working, thank you

Next Steps:

the next destination is lesson 2.

have a good time with drawing!

This community member feels the lesson should be marked as complete. In order for the student to receive their completion badge, this critique will need 2 agreements from other members of the community.
5:20 PM, Wednesday May 11th 2022

Thank you for your feedback Natt! I have my reasons for sticking with digital even though I know going traditional is recommended for this course haha :)

I'll definitely practice cutting & twisting boxes, thanks for the recommendation!

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Like the Staedtlers, these also come in a set of multiple weights - the ones we use are F. One useful thing in these sets however (if you can't find the pens individually) is that some of the sets come with a brush pen (the B size). These can be helpful in filling out big black areas.

Still, I'd recommend buying these in person if you can, at a proper art supply store. They'll generally let you buy them individually, and also test them out beforehand to weed out any duds.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.