2 users agree
6:10 AM, Thursday February 13th 2020

Alrighty! So I'll look at your parts 2 and 3, then~

Not that there's a lot to say about them, haha, this is a near-flawless submission. Really, the only thing that I'd like to point out is the line-weight, on your organic perspective exercise. It should be applied locally (to parts of the line, rather than the entirety of it- in this case, the parts that are overlapping something, + a bit further, for effect), and only to the silhouette (never to the inner lines, as that makes the box look more like a collection of lines, than a box.) Also, be a little more subtle with it- a single superimposed line will do, a lot of the time. If it helps, here it is, in one of my recent daily's: https://imgur.com/a/hdEFnmM

Anyway; once again, fantastic job, and good luck in the box challenge!

Next Steps:

250 Box Challenge

This community member feels the lesson should be marked as complete, and 2 others agree. The student has earned their completion badge for this lesson and should feel confident in moving onto the next lesson.
7:49 AM, Thursday February 13th 2020

Hi, BENJ

Thank you so much for your critique!

Your advice is really constructive to me and the picture you shared really illustrates the point👍👍

many many thanks!

8:51 AM, Thursday February 13th 2020

I agree with BenJ, really great job!

Good luck for the boxes!

9:12 AM, Thursday February 13th 2020

Thanks😁

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Like the Staedtlers, these also come in a set of multiple weights - the ones we use are F. One useful thing in these sets however (if you can't find the pens individually) is that some of the sets come with a brush pen (the B size). These can be helpful in filling out big black areas.

Still, I'd recommend buying these in person if you can, at a proper art supply store. They'll generally let you buy them individually, and also test them out beforehand to weed out any duds.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.