Lesson 1: Lines, Ellipses and Boxes
1:41 AM, Friday June 24th 2022
Excited to move on to the 250 box challenge.
Any feedback on my lesson 1 work would be greatly appreciated.
First of all, I just wanted to say congratulations on completing lesson 1!!
• Your superimposed lines look good, but there is some wobbling. Just remember to draw from your shoulder and commit, even if you aren't going to end up on your intended ending point.
• Excellent job on your ghosted lines; there's a tiny bit of overshooting but they look really good
• Your ghosted planes exercise is good, but I would like to see more planes (a fuller page) and more variation in shape. Again, there's some overshooting, but nothing to worry about at this stage.
• Your ellipses in planes looks fabulous!
• Your funnels exercise is good; the minor axis divides them into two symmetrical halves, so good job on that. Most of the ellipses don't touch one another, though, so just remember to ghost
• Plotted perspective is excellent. Great job!!
• No comment on rough perspective, you managed to get your lines fairly close to the correct vanishing point, so good job on that.
• Rotated boxes looks good! The boxes appear to be rotating and your hatching is neat.
• Your organic perspective is also great! It looks like you strayed from your original line quite a bit on a couple of sections, but you maintained a steady line of boxes and a steady shrinking of size, so I think it's okay.
I would like one more page of ellipses that's a little fuller (more planes on the sheet) with a little more variation in shape.
Hey, thanks for the awesome critique, i was a bit hesitant before posting my work, but this was really helpfull and constructive, i will make sure to keep in mind everything you said, especially in regards to woobling and overshoothing, with woobbling i think i've gotten a bit better but sometimes i still have trouble fully commiting when placing the pen down (i've always drawn with pencil so not being able to erase it's frustrating).
Anyways, thanks again.
For sure!! And I think you'll continue to work with ghosting etc for a long time so you'll improve naturally!! If you'll suit the revision, I'll mark the lesson as complete and you can move on to the 250 box challenge!