0 users agree
6:11 AM, Monday May 23rd 2022
edited at 6:12 AM, May 23rd 2022

Hello!

Congrats on finishing Lesson 1! I’ll be reviewing your submission and I hope you find my feedback helpful.

Superimposed Lines

• Most of your lines are smooth and executed with confidence. Good job.

• There are a few lines that curved a bit, but it will get better as you practice.

Ghosted Lines

• Most of your ghosted lines are smooth, straight and executed with confidence. Only a few lines wobble a bit. Well done.

Ghosted Planes

• Most of your lines are smooth, straight and executed with confidence. Good job.

• Some of your lines wobble a bit like in this image(https://imgur.com/a/gp7SMUc), so be patient with the ghosting method and always draw from your shoulder.

Tables of Ellipse

• You prioritized drawing smooth ellipses and executing them with confidence. You also kept your ellipses snugly next to each other and even vary them in degree, sizes, and orientation. Good job.

• Some of your ellipses are not touching the top and bottom lines like in this image(https://imgur.com/a/C6pvqXk), you should strive to make your ellipses touch the top and bottom lines and try to be consistent with the degree and orientation of your ellipses in a section. (https://drawabox.com/lesson/1/12/step2).

Ellipses in Planes

• You prioritized drawing smooth ellipses and executing them with confidence. Most of your ellipses are also touching the borders, and you draw through them 2-3 times. Well done.

• You can add this to your warmups to improve accuracy.

Funnels

• Most of your ellipses are nicely aligned to the minor axis and cut the ellipses in 2 symmetrical halves. Good job.

• Some of your ellipses are slightly slanted and not aligned to the minor axis like in this(https://imgur.com/a/Ip24WGE).

• You can add this to your warmups to get used to aligning ellipses to the minor axis since this exercise will be important for lesson 2.

Plotted Perspective

• Your boxes have no distortions and it looked like you understand the concept of vanishing points and horizon lines. Good job.

Rough Perspective

• You used one point perspective and your depth lines (those that are meant to converge towards the vanishing point) were converging with the horizon line. Good job.

Rotated Boxes

• Your boxes’ corners are close to one another, you draw through the boxes, and they actually rotated. Well done.

Organic Perspective

• Your boxes are freely rotated in space and gets smaller the further away it gets. Well done.

Some Reminders:

• Keep in mind that confidence takes precedence over accuracy.

• Be patient with the exercises. Don't rush and take your time for as long as you need if you think it will help you understand the lessons.

• Don’t correct incorrect lines. If you draw an incorrect line, don't draw another line on top of it; instead, keep the line and move on.

• Remember the 50% rule. Draw something for yourself as well. This course will take a long time to finish, and you might lose motivation/burn out as a result.

Next Steps:

Proceed to 250 box challenge.

Good luck!

This community member feels the lesson should be marked as complete. In order for the student to receive their completion badge, this critique will need 2 agreements from other members of the community.
edited at 6:12 AM, May 23rd 2022
10:18 AM, Monday May 23rd 2022

Thanks so much for all the feedback!

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
How to Draw by Scott Robertson

How to Draw by Scott Robertson

When it comes to technical drawing, there's no one better than Scott Robertson. I regularly use this book as a reference when eyeballing my perspective just won't cut it anymore. Need to figure out exactly how to rotate an object in 3D space? How to project a shape in perspective? Look no further.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.