2 users agree
11:00 PM, Wednesday April 8th 2020

Hello! I'll looking over your work and give you some critique to help you

For superimposed lines, there's one or two lines with some slight fraying on the starting point. Take your time and be patient to place your pen on the starting point to avoid fraying on both sides

Ghosting lines and planes have the same problem in that some miss both points. Same thing as above, take your time to line up the pen onto the starting point before making a mark on the paper. There is some slight arcing on the lines so you will need to be a bit conscious with drawing the line in the opposite direction. Don't worry if you do not hit the end point, the important thing first and foremost is creating a consistent, confiddent straight line. The accuracy of hitting the end points will come eventually.

Ellipses. Don't make overlap one ellipse with another. Make sure they just fit inbetween the ellipses and within the table in each ellipse, take your time with ghosting them first and maintain a consistent, even shape.For ellipses on planes, lots of them are very uneven and even some of them are wobbly, especially seen in the funnels. Again, make sure you ghost them before doing it, don't worry if it isn't good, ellipses are one of the harder things to pull off nicely.

Plotted perspective looks fine though I noted there's an attempt to erase your mistakes by overlapping it with a pencil and I recommend you to not correct your mistakes or hide it in that way in the future.

Rough perspective, the lines are super wobbly, a very different look compared to your lines and planes exercise, don't just guesstimate on where and be aware on how each line should behave. You also forgot to add extension lines to intersect them with the horizon line in the second page of the exercise. And finally, do not superimpose or correct your lines for a lot of those. Again, ghost properly, don't be afraid to rotate your page to keep a consistently straight line throughout the exrercise.

The rotated boxes and organic perspective have a lot of superimposing lines that gives a very fuzzy, heavy texture-like to it, something that I discourage you from doing it in the future to hide your mistakes. Also to add, make sure you draw through all of your boxes in the rotated box. The same applies as mentioned above in which you need to practice ghosting properly. I will point out that you did the rotation decently for the rotated boxes and that you did a job well done with lesson 1 overall.

Next Steps:

I would like to see 1 more page of rough perspective, complete with the extension lines along with another page of rotated boxes. You are doing very well with the exercises but I would like to see these without the lines being so heavily superimposed and clearly drawn on top of another to hide your mistakes. Keep in mind you're supposed to draw a line once and be sure to ghost everytime. Keep up the good work!

When finished, reply to this critique with your revisions.
9:43 AM, Sunday April 12th 2020
edited at 5:47 AM, Apr 14th 2020

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you, so thanks!

edited at 5:47 AM, Apr 14th 2020
6:09 AM, Sunday April 12th 2020

Is these good enough?

9:55 PM, Tuesday April 14th 2020

Yep, there's still lots of arcing and wobble but that can be improved over time. You did a swell job with it, move onto the 250 box challenge. Best of luck!

View more comments in this thread
10:16 PM, Monday April 20th 2020

Oh yeah, of course, marking it as complete. Best of luck in your art journey!

Next Steps:

Onto the following lessons!

This community member feels the lesson should be marked as complete, and 2 others agree. The student has earned their completion badge for this lesson and should feel confident in moving onto the next lesson.
12:36 AM, Tuesday April 21st 2020

Thanks!

1 users agree
10:55 PM, Wednesday May 20th 2020

Hi Tylerkoh!

I would like to check your submission but the link is not working.

If I agree with Avidania's current review it will get a total of 2 agreements and that will officially mark your submission as complete, and you would get your badge, but I need to see the actual homework first.

Reply to this comment with a working link and I'll check it out. Cheers!

Next Steps:

If

This community member feels the lesson should be marked as complete. In order for the student to receive their completion badge, this critique will need 2 agreements from other members of the community.
8:10 AM, Tuesday June 2nd 2020

Um, I've came back from a burnout and for some reason my internet connection speed is so bad that I cant even upload some images to imgur. So, if they got uploaded, I'll inform you if your still interested, haha.

9:30 AM, Tuesday June 2nd 2020

Thanks!

Tho it looks like one user randomly agreed with the review without seeing your work, so you got your completion anyway.

4:27 PM, Tuesday June 2nd 2020

Yeah, haha

Here's the link

https://imgur.com/gallery/EpZSu2U

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
Color and Light by James Gurney

Color and Light by James Gurney

Some of you may remember James Gurney's breathtaking work in the Dinotopia series. This is easily my favourite book on the topic of colour and light, and comes highly recommended by any artist worth their salt. While it speaks from the perspective of a traditional painter, the information in this book is invaluable for work in any medium.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.