Measuring using eyeballs or digital apps
5:59 PM, Tuesday March 28th 2023
So I have started the lesson 6 of everyday objects, gone though some notes, demo and all and have some doubts
1) can I use a app in this course like taking the screenshot of the reference and using Ibis paint to find the proportions of the elements present or have to naturally get a sense of the placement and proportion of the elements??
2) if we have to rely on our eyes, Then how am I going to find those proportions ( There is no way I would start drawing lines on my refrigerator to find them) . Nor can I find them if I just draw a plane on the page , drew cross sections and when things went wrong, I have to feel like 'oh this handle should be in upper section not in the middle?
3) How the hell am I suppose to round off like in the Orthographic plans example of bottle cap how did we found out that the cap was less than(1/3) but more (1/4) then just came conclusion that we have to divide the second fifth of the plane????
4) How am I suppose to divide the plan . Should I divide in 3rds 4ths or 5fts.
5) Should I draw only the Orthographic plans of the reference or have to draw a 3d version in the box??
6) Can I have all these answer if I just plane the reference next to my drawing page and from their see how are the proportions are laid (don't tell me it's the way!!)