0 users agree
11:07 PM, Friday May 27th 2022

Hi! I took a glance over your work and I have some feedback to offer you to hopefully better your draftmenship:

• For the ghosting method practice( the one where you draw two dots and then a line), you should vary the distance between dots in order to create far longer lines. It can help getting used to different and varying lengths of lines and potential application later down the road.

• For the ellipses portion, specifically the homework where you have to draw ellipses within a frame split into 10 or so smaller frames, try to make the ellipses touch one another and become bigger in size. One way I did this was by drawing the next ellipses on the same circle, even if I began to overlap a little with the other ellipse. Also try to maintain a consistent size throughout each frame to better help with your brushwork and consistency.

• Lastly, for the rotating boxes I just wanted to point out that having lighter strokes inside the boxes can help in showing how the boxes relate to the vanishing point.

8:51 PM, Tuesday May 31st 2022

Good evening Lublu,

I just come to suggest you that I understand your willing to help but to not give any comment on someone else lesson unless you're has already been criticized.

Don't take it as a critic, it's just a reminder from the Drawabox rules.

Have a good journey :)

0 users agree
8:42 PM, Tuesday May 31st 2022

Hello...

I don't want to be rude and I'm sorry to say that the main difficulty here, in whole lesson, is the confidence, it seems like no ghosting method is applied.

So going in more details:

• In the ghosted lines and the ghosted planes you may a achieve the lines to go to the points but the lack of confidence caused wobbly lines.

• For ellipses I might save the page of funnels but the rest or don't follow the delivery, the table of ellipses, or are too wobbly, ellipses in planes.

• For the rough perspective, the third row of first page and on the second page the second+third row, the perspective lines are pretty good. For the boxes the wobbly lines remain.

• For rotated boxes I will not much comment on that 'cause is a though exercise but if I have to say something, aside wobbling, the cubes that follows the principal lines are good.

-On the last, the organic perspective, I see the effort on rotating the boxes but again the wobbling part catch the eye.

I'm sorry repeating the wobbling word so much but is important to me to make sure that you can see the good things and the mistakes.

I will write on Discord chat to see if someone else could help me define your best next step 'cause, I'm not sure what here will be the next step and I don't think I can mark the lesson as completed...

I hope for now that my comment may help you somehow...

Good luck with the journey :)

The recommendation below is an advertisement. Most of the links here are part of Amazon's affiliate program (unless otherwise stated), which helps support this website. It's also more than that - it's a hand-picked recommendation of something I've used myself. If you're interested, here is a full list.
Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens

Like the Staedtlers, these also come in a set of multiple weights - the ones we use are F. One useful thing in these sets however (if you can't find the pens individually) is that some of the sets come with a brush pen (the B size). These can be helpful in filling out big black areas.

Still, I'd recommend buying these in person if you can, at a proper art supply store. They'll generally let you buy them individually, and also test them out beforehand to weed out any duds.

This website uses cookies. You can read more about what we do with them, read our privacy policy.